Friday, March 28, 2008

Dan Stanton's Kayaking Experience

Hello Fellow Brothers,

What an incredible trip on the Colorado River! It was a pleasure being with each and every one of you. I can still feel the warmth of the hot springs and the closeness of Mother Earth from the Vapor Cave. The adventure of being on the river, the exploring of the trails, the camping on the beach, the evening campfire, the beautiful stars, and the camaraderie of you men will be with me for some time to come. There is something magical being on retreat with men who speak from the heart and who are on the path of the spiritual warrior.

After the main group left on Sunday, Andrew, John Rosenberg, Chris Jones, and myself prepared for Hanblecheya “crying for a vision”, which is one of the seven Lakota sacred ceremonies. Initially we were prepared to go to our prayer locations on Sunday evening, but as spirit works we were not fully ready, so we began on Monday evening. Spending three days and two evenings fasting and in prayer was probably the most difficult thing I have ever done, but it was definitely one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had. For the most part the Hanblecheya was very joyful with only minimal moments of anxiety or sadness. Having my meltdown during the sweat lodge on Saturday night and having the support and prayers from each of you really provided the container I needed for a great experience. I had several interesting dreams that provided much insight to the feelings I had been experiencing over the last few years. I came off the mountain with a much lighter heart and a clear picture of the kind of person I want to be as I move into my senior years. The spirits also took good care of my health, where I did not need any medications to regulate my blood sugar during the 96 hours I was in ceremony. I was full of energy and felt well taken care of during the entire time. Visions of your faces visited me at night and the voice of Dr. J reminded me to breathe whenever I felt a little anxiety or sadness. It was also interesting that I could FEEL your prayers come to me throughout the ceremony. It was like a warm breath that was delivered to me.

I look forward to keeping in touch over this next year. You’ll get an e-mail or a phone call from me touching base. Please do the same… I hope we have the chance to do another kayaking trip next year. It’s a wonderful experience that is great for the heart and soul, which helps keep us grounded and connected. Please forward your pictures when you have a chance.

With Much Love,
Your Brother Dan... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, if you wish to increase the amount of visits to this blog or other personal Web, I recommend you to register in an extraordinary program to generate thousands of monthly visits and make much money using the system of publicity Adsense of Google. Contact me to griceliomartin@gmail.com and I will send to you all the information about this real and great offer. Everything absolutely free and including interesting lessons about knowledge that you must apply to reach your goals like professional webmaster.