Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Leeann Karidis - Comments on Women's Practicum

The practicum on mindfulness has inspired me to appreciate the beauty in the details of everyday moments, instead of mindlessly fast-forwarding from one task to another, one day to another.

The breathing exercises have instilled in me a calmness which serves me in coping skills during stressful situations.

Learning the skills to cope with life’s dilemmas, by refraining & not reacting, have brought a sense of peace to my life. I feel I am better able to avoid “drama” that I can cause by overreacting.

I feel by being more mindful, I can avoid accidents or injuries due to mindlessness.

Being more mindful makes me consciously aware of my life. I appreciate more, enjoy more, simplify & not over-complicate situations.

Life is for living; by being more mindful, I am living a beneficial life.

With great appreciation,
Leeann Karidis

No comments: