Sunday, January 24, 2010

Register Now for the February 6 Day for Men!

Join us as we gather to celebrate A Day For Men Fund Raiser to support the Men’s Center Los Angeles and Sacred Path Productions on Saturday, February 6, 2010. This event is designed to be a mini-retreat offering a sense of unity as we introduce new participants to the men of our community. If you are interested in learning more about us, and what we do on our longer retreats, this is your opportunity.

All profits remaining after expenses from this one-day retreat are dedicated to paying the costs to operate the company and to produce the ongoing events. Partial scholarships are available upon request. We will also make a donation to support Andrew Soliz and his cousin Thomas as they travel to the Lakota Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. In addition to the men of the Sacred Path Wisdom Council and guest facilitators in their expertise, Andrew will be present on the 6th to offer some traditional ceremonial ways for the day. For those that cannot participate on the 6th or who wish to send an additional donation to assist Thomas I’m including a message from Andrew:

Mitakuyape,

There is something I wish to say. I have run lodges for you all for a number of years. It is my honor to do so. Recently I have brought my cousin Thomas (Holy White Wolf) with me. Many of you have met him and shared prayers and ceremony with Thomas. I love my cousin and will do anything for him. Thomas is sick and in need of our traditional medicine. I will be driving Thomas to South Dakota on February 16 to get the help he needs. I am doing all that I can to make this happen but I can't do it alone. This trip will cost around $2500.00. I understand that there is hardship on all of us and I know that collectively we can make this happen. Any donation will help. You can send your support to Sacred Ways, P.O. Box 1800, Ojai Ca. 93024.

I would also like to thank Stephen Johnson for allowing this message to go out to the community. Thank you in advance for your support. Wopila Tonka.

Peace,
Andrew “Walking Buffalo”

I hope you will join us for this day of solidarity as we gather together, men of all ages, for a day to explore what it means to be a good man today. Use the links below to read more about this event and to register.

In brotherhood,
Stephen

To Download the Flyer/Application for the February 6, 2010 DAY FOR MEN, Click HERE

For further information, click HERE to view the Day for Men program agenda; also click HERE to view the Director's message for January

3 comments:

lbdad said...

i didn't know "adotped" lakota charge for their lodges

lbdad said...

I didn't know that "adopted" lakota can lead any ceremony, let alone charge anything for it.

lbdad said...

i didn't know "adotped" lakota charge for their lodges